Saturday, December 17, 2011

DSW Gender Challenged

Hi there, it's been a while since my last post.
This is holiday season, and I had to use a DSW $10 coupon today before it expires.
Where I live, there are two DSW stores. This weekend is apparently clearance weekend also, so I head to the clearance racks. In the first store, I try a Born brown, flat lace up shoe of my usual size... Tighter than usual. I look at the size chart. US fine, UK looks fine too. European size: 39...
Yeah, that's small. I look further. It says Women's! The name of the shoe model is also feminine! Heading to the next store. I see a nice Puma sneaker on clearance and proceed to try it on. It's canvas and dark blueish, not commonly seen with Puma for men's shoes. Again, tighter than usual, I look at the labels, and discover the tags say Euro size is 39, and somewhere it says woman on the box. This time around, I notify a sales person of the defect. W
If that were for other shoes, there could be opportunities in these stores to buy shoes from the other sex.

Happy holiday shopping, and watch the labels carefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment