Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Soles4Souls Campaign


Holiday season is also a time of shoe giving. This year, I have been introduced to Soles4Souls, an organization that provides footwear in poverty zones around the world and helps stimulate micro economies around used shoes.

You might have heard of Soles4Souls in two ways:
  • My employer participates and organizes a shoe drive for Soles4Souls. Find out if your company does the same and at what time of year.
  • If you are a DSW shopper/shoe lover like me, you probably heard they will donate $75,000 to a charity by vote of their rewards member. Soles4Souls is one of the charities to which you can give your vote. 
  • You can also donate money directly.
I am not surprised by the amount of donations each year. I gave one used pair I had from a while back. At my office, I have seen a few collection boxes filled up with shoes. If you have excess inventory, now may be the time to help a few people out!

No comments:

Post a Comment